- "The best integration between QuickBooks Time, ADP Payroll, and QuickBooks Accounting"
- Heather Satterley with a write-up on how she's using GPT-3
- Make launches their own automation academy
- Season 3 of my scripted podcast AutomationTown kicks off on 12/31 - Here's the trailer for season 3 - If you're a new listener, season 2 is the best place to start
- Profitual raises a $1M seed - "Build better financials without accounting expertise
- An interesting read about how the next version of SEO may be getting AI chatbots to plug your services
- Congrats to Plooto on raising a $20M series B!
- Nilus raises a $8M seed to reconcile payments for finance teams
- A Chrome extension to help you respond to emails, generating responses in selected tones, using the thread for context. I recently shared some thoughts around how this becomes truly transformative for accountants when built into your practice management system.
- A GPT-3 bot for your Slack
- Notion rolled out sub-tasks
- A Chrome extension to respond to tweets with GPT-3
🤖 Automate My Thing
Write Your Excel Macros
I don't use a lot of excel macros, but it turns out ChatGPT is great at writing code. So let's give it a try!
We're using ChatGPT today, a free app from OpenAI. If you feed it a list of what you want the macro to do, it does fairly well:
Here I want to remove duplicate data from my sheet, so I created a new field that was a concatenation of all the other fields, and delete the duplicate records:
I did a deep dive on how to transform data with ChatGPT in this thread, and remember, if you don't know how to use a VBA script in excel, just ask ChatGPT!
💎This Week's Sponsor
👷♀️ This Week I Made
😍From The Community
My community Realize is a private space for people to swap ideas & collaborate. At $180/mo it’s also the way I finance everything else I do, pay a full-time creative director, and a part-time developer in an effort to make the accounting industry a slightly better place 💗 The community is currently about 270 members strong.